Traveling I-89? Interstate 89 isn't as well populated as Interstate 93 and its spurs (I-293 & I-393) but
there are still a few spots worth considering. Selected by their proximity to the interstate, some are
educational, some are fun, some are 'classic' NH, and some are simply unusual. Many are seasonal,
some have limited schedules, and several have fees, so check their web sites for fees, schedules and directions before visiting.
Green indicates the
travel time from the highway in minutes, and
Blue indicates the amount of visit time we recommend you
- 90) would indicate the attraction is 10 minutes from the highway (including parking) in normal traffic, and plan on spending 90 minutes for a reasonable visit.
If you want to venture further afield, get a complete list of NH attractions here.
Exit 2 - Concord
Susan N. McLane Audubon Center (5
- 30-60) - A gift shop, small interpretive center and a pleasant-only-with-bug-spray pond trail.
Exit 8 - Warner
Mt. Kearsarge Indian Museum (12
- 60) - Connecting people of today with 20,000 years of ongoing Native American cultural expression.
Exit 9 - Route 103 / Warner
Mt. Kearsarge (20
- 90) - This mountain has a seasonal auto road bringing you within a half-mile from the summit. Enjoy all the picnic facilities there (some suitable for charcoal grilling) or take a moderate hike to the top and enjoy splendid views, particularly in the Fall.
Adventure Park at Mt Sunapee (20
- 2 - 4 Hours) - Zip line tours, Segway excursions, aerial challenge course, mini-golf, etc.
Exit 17 - Enfield
Lake Sunapee State Park (20
- 2-4 Hours) - A pleasant picnic and swimming area on Lake Sunapee. Modern facilities. (State camping area also nearby!)
Sunapee Cruises (30
- 2 Hours) - Daytime and dinner cruises departing from picturesque Sunapee Harbor on quiet Lake Sunapee.
Enfield Shaker Museum (20
- 1 Hour) - At its peak in the mid 19th
century, the community was home to three "Families" of Shakers. They practiced equality of the sexes and races,
celibacy, pacifism and communal ownership of property.
Exit 18 - Lebanon / Hanover
Shrine of Our Lady of LaSalette (20
- 1 Hour) - Offering expansive outdoor exhibits, an indoor Nativity, gift shop, chapel, etc. Open to all faiths.
The Fort (4
- 60) - A truck stop with amazing food and totally awesome pastries. GO THERE, really!
For More Information
Dartmouth College (15
- 15 Minutes to 3 Hours) - It's not every day you get to visit the campus of an Ivy League school. Dartmouth College feels open and airy, the architecture is varied and impressive. Worth the trip.
► I-93 Points of Interest
► I-95 Points of Interest
► Rest Area Alternatives
► Visitor Resource Center Home